Call for papers for issue №2, 2019: Deadline extended!
Journal for Philosophy and Cultural Studies Topos announces the call for papers for the new issue.
The topic of the issue:
SHIFTING THE BORDERS: TRANSFORMATIONS OF SUBJECTS, BODIES, AND PRACTICES IN THE ERA OF NEW MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES
We invite papers that address the changes of human subjects – their bodies and selfhood, the modes of private and public interaction – in the light of various technological and institutional innovations in medicine occurred over the past few decades. The researches are encouraged to pay particular attention to integration and dissemination of the latest biotechnologies within the medical sector (locally and globally) and to the effects they have on existential experience, moral judgement and necessity of legal regulation. Similarly, we are interested in the changes of patients’ awareness, and also in the self-reflection of medical community in regard to gradual liberalization of public life and cultural globalization in the post-Soviet countries.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- 4P Medicine: social prospects and ethical frictions,
- Boundaries between treatment and enhancement,
- Redefinition of “death” and “dying” in the age of new medical technologies
- De-stigmatization of oncology patients,
- «Neurochemical selves»: the spread of antidepressants use as social and anthropological problem,
- Spread and reglamentation of assisted reproductive technologies in the post-Soviet societies,
- «Narrative turn» in medicine: results/prospects of application in Western and Eastern European contexts,
- Choice vs. care: alternative logics of interaction between doctors and patients in biomedicine.
The deadline for submissions is August 20, 2019. To make your submission, please, send your material to: firstname.lastname@example.org (marking the topic with Topos_Submission).
In case the Editorial Board has made their decision and accepted your paper for publication, please, register at the web-site of the Topos Journal here http://journals.ehu.lt/index.php/topos/login and submit your article via “Make a Submission” button according to the formatting, which is accepted in the journal. Here you can find Author Guidelines: http://journals.ehu.lt/index.php/topos/about/submissions. In case of any questions, please contact journal’s academic secretary Kseniya Shtalenkova on: email@example.com.